Friday, November 13, 2009

Friday's Triathlon Mashup

A triathlon news mash-up from my vantage point in the Great Suburban Outback. I tri, I see, I search, I read, I blog. All you gotta do is read...


From Tampa Bay Online, a requiem for triathlete Chris Livingston, killed when a car collided with his bike. So sad. Pay attention, dammit!

Examiner.com forecasts Lance Armstrong doing for triathlon's popularity what he's already done for cycling's. Mid-pack racers' fortunes are projected to suffer as more sponsorship opportunities go to top pros and race directors. Well, that's one thing I won't have to worry about! I can't even SEE the "mid-pack" from where I race!


Tri-ing in northern Utah? From standard.net, here's a club you should join - the Northern Utah Triathlon Club. Now forming, the group welcomes triathletes of all levels and offers group rides, swim clinics and running lectures. Sounds like fun. And as I always say, triathletes are just thousands of friends you haven't yet met.

From Triathlon.Competitor.com, the 2011 ITU Long Distance Worlds will be held in Henderson, NV. I dunno. I've been to Henderson and it's a little, umm, dry and desert-y isn't it? Maybe the swim will be in some stupid golf course's water hazard.

Also from Triathlon.Competitor.com, Rev3 Tri seriously amps up the prize purses. I'd like to do the Cedar Point IM-distance race someday, though there's no worries about writing ME a check!

Finally, from ScapSports blog, here are 10 steps to improve your swimming. I need all of 'em.

No comments: