Tuesday, March 21, 2006

The Incredible, Edible Egg

I had a GREAT run today - 6.4 miles at about 7:40 per, into the teeth of snow flurries driven by a bitter March wind. After months and months of slogging and plodding, there's no explanation for it that I can think of.

After further reflection, maybe it was the eggs and turkey bacon I had for breakfast, or the whole-wheat french toast with hash browns and honey-laced tea for lunch. Never underestimate the power of good 'ol cholesterol-laden calories.

Good thing my cardiologist's on speed-dial (see below) and I just re-filled my Zocor prescription.

1 comment:

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

Much more likely to have been the carbs than the other. The extra protein and saturated fat right before a run taxes your system, instead of helping it. But then, I'm biased. :-)