Sunday, July 24, 2005

2 Weeks Out

Two weeks from Steelhead. Karyn sent the following message along with my training schedule. As usual, my comments are in parentheses:

"2 weeks out Mr. Davis!!! I hope you're getting excited. (freaked out is more like it.)

"From here on out you MUST train smart, don't add intensity on days that are supposed to be easy. Keep quality days just what they are and focus on pacing for your HALF! It will be a very long day if you go out too hard on the front end of the bike OR the run, patience will pay off in longer distance racing. (Lord, give me patience and give it to me now!)

"Use every opportunity to test your nutrition/hydration plan for race day. This is SO key, you've been working too hard to allow a hydration issue to slow you down on race day. Take it seriously, esp. in this heat!" (Well, OK, if you insist! How about a nap?)

1 comment:

Tracy said...

OK, I'm totally copying ALL of that!!