Friday, March 04, 2005

Thursday's Triathlon Workout (3/3/05)

A nice, crisp, sunny, 28 degree day here in the Great Suburban Outback. I set out to find a grassy hill where I could run some uphills. After a 2.5-mile warm-up, I happened on a nearby sledding hill, bare of snow, and turned it into my own version of Walter Payton's famous workout. 8 uphills, every other rep getting progressively faster, with the recoveries being the walk back down. 2.5 miles back home and...

...on to the bike trainer for an hour of recovery spinning. My cadence averaged 90 for the hour but it was the LONGEST hour of my life. Man, I thought it would never end. But it did and then I went grocery shopping and carbo-loading in a major way. Spaghetti with homemade Marinara sauce for dinner, accompanied by a tuna & white bean salad (all from Giada De Laurentiis's new cookbook, "Everyday Italian"), green beans and lots of chocolate for dessert. Ah, the benefits of working out.

And in case you're wondering, I did remember the swim yesterday.

No comments: