Friday, March 04, 2005

Friday's Triathlon Workout (3/4/05)

"Mindful swimming" was today's challenge, i.e. pay attention to what you're doing and stop swimming like a spastic carp.

After a 100 warm-up I did 4X(1X200 and 2X100) each with a different focus: head position, elbow position, fingertip drag and fingertips down/solid anchor. I try to count strokes once in a while, enough to know that my strokes per 25 have dropped from 20-21 to 16-17. Then 2X(3X100) descending (i.e. getting faster) trying to hold the stroke counts.

Before I started this tri gig I never would have guessed that swimming is the most technical of the triathlon sports. It really is easier, faster and better when you're doing it sort of right. I'll never be a great swimmer but maybe I'll attain my goal of not sucking.

Out for Italian food for dinner with the tri-wife and three of four tri-daughters at the neighborhood place where everybody knows our name.

No comments: