Friday, August 15, 2008

Bikes, Bikes, Bikes

OK, I admit it...I'm a gear geek.  Can't afford much of what I lust after, but who can these days?


Anyway, if you watched the Tour and wondered about the bikes, here's a web site with all the answers.  I'm partial to bikes by Felt.  And Cervelo.  Giant, too. Maybe Specialized.  The Orbea's nice.  So's the Kuota.  Oh yeah, the Scott bikes rock even though their team got kicked out for doping.  Oh hell.  I'm not narrowing it down much am I?  

But when it's finally time for a new bike, I'm gonna do the sensible thing (for once) and head back to the Glen Ellyn Bike Shop where I'll be measured and fitted and tested and tweaked.  Then I'll buy the bike with the dimensions and geometry I need.  That's progress over my more-typical approach of buying a cool bike only to find out it doesn't really fit me very well.

I still prefer Shimano over Campy, and Mavic wheels over Zipps.  And Powertaps over Cateye and...better calm down, VM.

Then I hear CoachKaryn reminding me (for the millionth time) that it's not the bike, it's the engine. What a buzzkill that is.

But, hey, lust is harmless...right?  Right?

No comments: