Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Breaking the Curse. Or Not. Whatever.

OK, the Chicago Cubs are now really and truly for sale.  Unfortunately it appears that the group most likely to succeed in buying this futile, ivy-encrusted pig in a poke is a confederation of tycoon-type lickers of Bud Selig's boots.  Blech.  Also on the list is a group from...Omaha, NE, of all places.  Egads.


I thought the point was to BREAK a century-long losing streak, not perpetuate it and hope nobody notices while you're raising ticket prices.  Mark Cuban's my man.  I have no idea if he knows right field from left, but he's loud, opinionated and a blogger, a young version of George Steinbrenner only with better hair. He suffers fools less gladly than I do (see my profile over there to the right) and I'll bet he's never even been to Omaha.

No comments: