Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Alone Again...Naturally

Well, Camden the Wonder Dog (CtWD) is now a city dog, albeit only 'til summer's end.  He decamped The Great Suburban Outback yesterday with, as predicted, his draggy, doggy-assed tail wagging out the car window as Tri-Daughter #3's best friend graciously provided transport. I'm gonna have to re-adjust my running stride, having gotten used to leaning one way or the other as CtWD yanked me toward one disgusting pile of fresh road kill after another.


So now it's just me rattling around in this big 'ol house.  I've swept up enough dog hair to make a smelly coat, vacuumed sufficient sand outta The Flying Lunchbox to create a dune in the driveway and am now embarking on a wall-patching, trim-repairing expedition. It'll all be painted and pristine by Labor Day, just in time for CtWD's return.

Speaking of T-D #3, she loves her Bucktown apartment and her job at this outstanding restaurant.  Maybe now I can finally get a table.  T-D #4 is joining her next week...I better get the boat out of winter storage.

No comments: