Tuesday, July 03, 2007

July Shout-Outs

To breathe the air you must first cut it with a knife. Lawns are brown, sunburns are raw. Yep, must be July and time for some overdue Shout-Outs. Along with miasmic air, tis the month for Eye Injury Prevention, Fireworks Safety, Hemochromatosis Screening Awareness, International Group B Strep Awareness, Light the Night for Sight and UV Safety. We also celebrate Therapeutic Recreation Week, International Massage Week and National Sobriety Checkpoint Week.

What’s it all mean? Follow your mother’s advice for once: wear eye protection and sunscreen, don’t hold firecrackers in your hand after you light ‘em (better yet, leave the boom-booms to the experts - grown men who like loud noises and blowing stuff up) and FOR GOD’S SAKE, DON’T DRINK AND DRIVE! Oh, and get a massage. Your Mom probably didn’t say that but I will.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

get a massage? why I do believe I will...

whenever I *do* get one, I say to myself, 'why am I not doing this on at least a monthly basis?'