Monday, May 09, 2005

Space Clouds


Latest from the Hubble Space Telescope.

If you've read my profile, you've seen 'cosmology' listed as one of my interests. I've always been fascinated by theories of the universe's evolution and development. In fact, I'd probably be an astronomer or astrophysicist today except for my nonexistent math skills. But now, thanks to the Hubble Space Telescope, I can participate in viewing the universe's wonders from the comforts of my Aeron chair...no math involved. And it's awe-inspiring.
Posted by Hello

3 comments:

White Salamander said...

LOL, I remember taking astronomy in college and thinking to myself, "I love looking at the stars and learning about the planets...this will fantastic." Oh what a mistake. It was all math! Questions like, "Based on the speed of Jupites orbit calculate it's mass as it relates to blah blah blah" I still love the stars, but that class nearly destroyed me.

Chad Brooks said...

The other telescope giving information about the universe is Chandra that "sees" x-rays.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/science/AP-Stellar-Flares.html

(Link is NYT and may require registration)

Chad Brooks said...

Let's try that with tinyurl

http://tinyurl.com/djuoz