Thursday, May 05, 2005

The Battle Is Joined

Through a spirited process of debate, argument and the offering of opinions such as (paraphrasing here) "You're freakin' insane if you'd rather race Ironman Wisconsin than Ironman Florida," Team Tri-Geek Dreams, of which I am proud to be a new but as yet nickname-less member has agreed to convene in November, 2006 and race the HELL out of IMFL.

Wow. A "someday, maybe" training goal and early-morning nightmare now has a specific date. Uh-oh. First I have to make it through this summer's Steelhead half-IM, hopefully gaining some confidence from a successful race and finishing vertically, not horizontally.

I wonder if the Team offers psychotherapy? I could use it. I also need a new bike and a new place to train. OK, first thing tomorrow I'm putting the house in the Great Suburban Outback on the market and moving to Panama City to train in the ocean. Remind me sometime; I'll tell you my brother's shark story from the IMFL swim. Maybe after the race.

5 comments:

Nancy Toby said...

Remember, about those sharks - all you have to do is swim faster than ME - fortunately, that's not at all difficult, even if you have no arms and a wooden leg.

Tracy said...

OK, I get it already about IMWI!! Everyone climb down already ;)

Et tu Steve...

Vertical Man said...

Okeedokee. I really didn't care which race we picked; both have advantages and disadvantages. WI: close to home. FL: flat bike, warmer water. Anyway, onward and upward.

Tracy said...

LOL - the Okeedokee cracked me up. The banter about which race to go to between everyone is just funny, I was only kidding with the et tu stuff, in case there was a misunderstanding.

I'm in the same boat as you - WI is closer and the timing is better, but FL is, well, Fl!! Plus, everyone will be down there, and that's a major draw. I'm still trying to figure out which race to do, hopefully time will help me out!

Comm's said...

YES YES YES.

I am really glad you are going to do this with us.