Friday, April 22, 2005

Here's To Weekends!

Busy weekend coming up: a party tonight (for which I'm cooking,) a race tomorrow A.M. (5k time trial where I'm shooting for a PR sub-20 minutes,) another party Saturday night (for which I'm NOT cooking) and a Sunday early A.M. 60 mile bike ride (not really a race, but...) with friends and training colleagues, in what the Weather Geek forecasts to be cold, snow flurry-y conditions.

After that I'll goof off. And get some sleep (maybe.) Notice a nice rhythm here? Party, race, party, race...

Think of all the fun I'd be missing if I wasted time playing golf!

Today (Friday) is a day off, well-deserved if I do say so myself. Yesterday I rode for an hour, easy, small chain ring only, just getting the legs moving. And I was supposed to do a short strength workout but, well, hmm, I forgot. Maybe today. Nah. What am I sayin?

7 comments:

Tracy said...

Don't even type anything about snow - what's wrong with you, man?

Too much partying ;)

Vertical Man said...

Think the weather Gods are mad at me now? Must I sacrifice a virgin or something? I'm SORRY!

soccerdad said...

UGH! i know, there's a possiblity of snow flurries here tomorrow too. wasn't it like 80 degrees a few days ago?!
good luck on the 20 minute PR. that's a fantastic pace!

:) said...

Snow? What's snow? I am looking at my forecast of 70 and sunny...Yippee! Whatever shall I do??????

Comm's said...

Well it weather alert weather here in Arizona. We have some scattered cloud cover that is blocking the sun. But these are actually dark clouds not the big, fluffy, happy clouds. There is a 10% chance of getting some rain tomorrow night, so of course everybody is planning on staying inside this whole weekend.

soccerdad said...

man, you warm weather people make me.......
REALLY FRIGGIN JEALOUS!!!

AAAAAHHHHHHH!

Vertical Man said...

OMG. Do NOT talk to me about Arizona or points south of the Great Suburban Outback. What doesn't kill me makes me stronger....that's my story and I'm sticking to it.