Sunday, March 06, 2005

Sunday's Triathlon Workout (3/6/05)

A gorgeous, 60 degree day here in the Great Suburban Outback. A 1:40 run produced 10.6 miles and a bit of a tan. Maybe I'll make it through a half-marathon after all.

Came home, iced my knees and did 20 minutes of easy spinning on the bike trainer just to keep things loose and moving. A good day.

This upcoming week includes break-through workouts in all three disciplines. Breakthrough workouts are designed to take you to a new performance level more or less permanently. They challenge you. They hurt. They leave you gasping for oxygen.

They should leave you cursing your trainer, but I like Karyn. She just might deliver on her promise to get me through the half-Ironman alive and vertical. She's afraid that she'll tune into this blog someday to see herself referred to as The Wicked Witch of the West. Nah, no chance of that. I've got someone else in mind for that award. Karyn - keep it up! You're safe!

No comments: