Monday, March 21, 2005

I Train, You Train, We All Train...

Today's workouts included an hour on the bike trainer and an hour in the pool. Neither workout was terribly intense. Both included some short speed work intervals just to change things up occasionally.

Yesterday's (Sunday's) workout was supposed to be a tempo run, but I mis-judged the temperature outside. Thus, after 4 miles (about where the 'tempo' part of the run was supposed to start) I was FREEZING to the point of seriously questioning my sanity, my safety and my survival, pretty much in that order. It was neither fun nor tempo. I got 75 minutes and 8+ miles in, but still view it as a wasted workout. Can't afford too many of those.

On the plus side, some really positive things are happening with my conditioning: my strength, endurance and appearance (yes, I'm just vain enough to notice) are all goin' in the right direction. My former trainer at Lifetime told me I "look like a triathlete." She was kind enough to leave out the other adjectives: bald, nearsighted, emaciated, dweeby... Still, I don't think I've ever gotten a better compliment.

No comments: