Monday, February 07, 2005

Monday's Workout (2/7/05)

Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Lifetime I go...

...for 50 minutes of "recovery swimming" focusing on getting my stroke count down from a frantic 20 per 25 meters to more like 17-18. It's a good drill, forcing me to focus on form and relaxation, not that drowning feeling. To end the workout I swam 8x25's trying to limit my breaths to 2 per 25 meters. I was hitting more like 3-4 breaths per 25 until the VERY LAST 25 when I attained the magic 2. So I got out of the pool feeling pretty good and went on to...

...60 minutes of strength training. I'm told that the Power Endurance (PE) phase of strength training can remove that light, energetic feeling from your legs. Yeah, no kidding. But I managed 4x12 of leg presses, leg extensions, chest presses, back extensions, calf raises, tricep pulldowns, bicep curls, lat pulldowns, abs and a 10 minute easy cooldown spin at a 90+ cadence.

Today, I was accompanied by Sheryl Crow, John Mellencamp and a phalanx of local high school kids putting their after-school hours to good use. Ah to be young and have the only choices confronting you be Princeton vs. Dartmouth and what to wear to the prom.

No comments: