Friday, February 04, 2005

Friday's Workout (2/4/05)

Despite the gorgeous sunshine outside, I retired to my basement for 90 total minutes on my bike trainer, beginning with 15-minutes of easy spinning at a cadence of 90+ RPMs. Then I jumped into 40 minutes of simulated steep hill climbing, doing 4x5 minute "muscle tension intervals" in a big gear at 60-65 RPMs. Recovery was 5 minutes of easy spinning between each interval. The remainder of the workout was cool-down with 5x1 minute high-RPM (100+) intervals thrown in for good measure.

My legs feel torched. I don't usually listen to music during bike workouts, preferring instead the eminently fair and balanced Fox News Channel, but today I owe a "thanks" to Little Charlie and the Nightcats for gettin' me through.

Tomorrow it's strength training and swimming. Maybe a very short bike ride with friends if the temp hits 50 degrees as forecasted.

Rock on.

No comments: