Thursday, January 28, 2010

Water Skiing In the WInter

Thanks to what happens when a really cranky Mother Nature meets a really stupid dog, my runs with Camden the Wonder Dog have turned into painfully slow attempts at injury-avoidance. Most of our snow melted last weekend, leaving behind a nice, icy sheen on the roads. And of course we've now had MORE snow to hide the ice.


Thus I resemble more water skier than runner as CtWD tows me hither and yon, back and forth across the road from a pile of deer scat to some disgusting frozen road kill. Tomorrow I'm adopting a new strategy. I'll take him out for a 2 mile warm-up walk/run, then stash his furry ass in the kitchen as I go back out for the main event.

He won't be happy but he's gonna like it even less if I fall and break a wrist.

No comments: