Monday, May 18, 2009

Camden the Poison Ivy Dog

Grrr. The season's first poison ivy blisters have raised their ugly head, confined to one forearm so far. I'm blaming Camden the Wonder Dog.


A neighbor, familiar with my struggles to turn CtWD into a running partner, lent me a so-called pinch collar. I tried it out this morning and it worked like a charm, much to Tri-Daughter #3's consternation! Instantly he became a well-behaved dog, though it'll take me a few weeks to get my running stride back now that I'm no longer being yanked hither and yon from one putrid pile of 'yech!' to another.

I've always been a believer in the "a little pain goes a long way..." school of dog training.

I had to plant my foot in his ass yesterday to get him off the porch and chasing squirrels away from the bird feeders. He turned and looked at me with a "Hey! What'dja do THAT for, anyway?" look, sauntered across the yard and hocked up something disgusting. Probably that area rug I've been missing.

No comments: