Thursday, May 14, 2009

Allergy Season

OK, what's going on here? Typically, by now I'm in an antihistamine-induced fog, nearly bankrupt after refilling a prescription for kinder/gentler meds, or suffering full-blown sneezin', drippin', 'I wanna pluck my itchin' eyes right outta my head' allergy attacks.


This season? None of the above.

Am I sufficiently aged to have outgrown seasonal allergies? Nah. I only outgrow the good stuff, like a full head of hair.

Is this spring somehow different from the past 30? No, it's worse. Janeane Garofalo is back on the national scene, albeit still acting the utter fool.

A positive side-effect of a warmer planet despite all The Goracle's gloom and doom? Can't be, otherwise congressional Democrats would be taking credit for it. And trying to tax it.

Or am I just too darn ornery? That's most likely.

No comments: