Monday, July 07, 2008

Much Ado About Not Much

The holiday weekend concluded with a 40-mile, 2:45 bike ride (SLOW! SLOW! SLOW!) at an average HR of 126 (about 2 hours in my training zone) and 103 average watts of power (BAD! BAD! BAD!) On the plus side, my leisurely pace might've prevented two cyclist-deer accidents. Damn critters ran right out in front of me - one, then another a mile down the road. Hate 'em.

But the post-ride swim was nice, as was the chardonnay-fueled hot tub soak.

Today commenced with the requisite yoga and upper-body strength workout. I'll get out for an hour-long run later today, once I finish watching the TDF, get some work done and run a few errands. The Weather Chick's forecasting impending stormitude...blech. Good thing I like running in the rain. I'm staying outta the pool, though. I missed the deer but that lightning'll buzz my fuzz.

Tri-Brother arrives on Friday for a weekend of Steelhead training. He's thinking about shipping his new carbon-fiber rocket via Fedex instead of "entrusting" it to the airlines. He's gonna kick my ass.

No comments: