Thursday, June 05, 2008

Quick Trip

I'm entrusting myself to American Airlines for a early morning Saturday flight to Denver, where I'm meeting Tri-Daughter #4 and serving as her co-pilot for the long drive to her Chicago home and summer job.  We'll probably crash (oops, probably shouldn't use that word...) with Great Plains friends on Saturday night; with any luck we'll arrive in time for dinner at my favorite little hang-out.  Back to Bucktown on Sunday and then on to the Outback for me.  


The boat should be out of winter storage and in the water by then.  I'm selling a kidney to buy a tankful of gas.

Stormy, warm and humid here in the GSO.  We seem to have skipped spring almost entirely and traversed from winter right into summer.  Biking has suffered accordingly.  Hard to ride in the snow or during a thunderstorm.  Running is coming along.  Swimmming...well, I'm waiting for Lake Michigan to warm up.

No comments: