Tuesday, May 06, 2008

A Post About Lotsa Unimportant Sunny-Day Stuff

Woo-Hoo!  70 degrees today, baby!  Tri-Daughter #3 took Camden the Wonder Dog (CtWD) to the beach. Hopefully she's running his sorry doggy ass all over Lake Michigan's dunes and he'll sleep for a week.  Speaking of CtWD, he's gettin' with my running program, too, whether he likes it or not.  I'm increasing his mileage by 10% a week and he's stopped sniffing every mailbox and disgusting pile of roadkill cuz he's learned that a choke chain really hurts when yanked hard enough.


The pool is open though not yet heated...definitely manhood-shriveling, wetsuit-preferred territory.  The hot tub is hot, clear and swirly.  Perfect for a post-swim or post-run or post-bike or post-anything, manhood-restoring soak.

The local fish are jumping and evidently hungry, though you couldn't prove it by me. Someone recently asked me if I fished.  I said, "Well, if you define fishing as actually catching fish, then no, I don't fish.  If you define fishing as the set of activities involved in ATTEMPTING to catch fish, then yes, I do fish."  Hah.  Damn fish.  They're as malignantly malevolent as, well, I better not say, but a few of you know who/what I'm talking about.

I've discovered a family of foxes inhabiting our stretch of woodsy lakefront.  I love foxes.  I hope they're decimating the rabbit population and wiping out a few small, yappy dogs along the way.  Local folklore says there's also a cougar or two lurking about the Great Suburban Outback's sylvan byways.  Dunno if the rumor's true, but I'm taking CtWD along on all backcountry runs; hopefully the mythical cat'll eat him first since I'm faster, meaner and way less tasty.

Tri-Brother just bought a new tri-bike, a Specialized S-Works carbon-fiber rocket with ALL the toys.  What a little snot.  He's fast enough on that fat-tired Schwinn 2-speed.  I hate him.

iPod Shuffle:  "Tomaas" by Miles Davis, from "Tutu."  Late-career Miles.  Still rockin.'

No comments: