Friday, March 02, 2007

A Monochrome Quarter Motrin Moon

Saw Mark Knopfler and Emmylou Harris on Soundstage last night as two battles raged: Motrin vs. flu symptoms inside, snowplows vs. raging blizzard outside. The concert was great and the Motrin sorta held its own - more than I can say for the plows.

Once described as “monochromatic,” Knopfler’s “Dire Straits” guitar playing has always appealed. Harris’s “Quarter Moon in a Ten Cent Town” folk/country is a later-acquired taste. Two voices, one husky and shrouded, the other innocent and open, combined perfectly and, for a moment, held the fever at bay.

If the drugs hang on, it’ll be an indoor trainer workout tonight, maybe a master’s swim tomorrow and a long run (weather dependent) on Sunday.

AHHHHHHH! The freakin’ blizzard is back. I need my BEACH ANNUITY (or at least lots of shares in Berkshire Hathaway!) I need a BOOK! I need a BEVERAGE! I need my surfBOARD! I need BODY OIL! I need BIKINIS walking past! Someone rescue me…

A Late Night Joke:


"You all excited about the 2008 presidential election? There's some interesting potential matchups. For example,
Hillary Clinton and Rudy Giuliani. On the one hand, you have a pushy New Yorker with a history of marital problems. Or, you have a pushy New Yorker with a history of marital problems." --David Letterman

No comments: