Friday, March 16, 2007

Green Beer? Blech!

I’m not Irish, I don’t particularly like beer (green or otherwise) and I loathe basketball. Am I out of step today or what?

Our IT all-staff meeting occurred yesterday afternoon. I was the “featured” speaker, a self-described anarchist in a business suit, talking about information-driven innovation in health care. I think they suspected that this wasn’t gonna be a typical staff meeting when an early PowerPoint slide welcomed the audience to my “innovation rant.” Oh, ya think?

I’m surprised my computer still worked this morning…

Political Humor 'o the Day:


"After visiting Guatemala, Bush flew to Mexico. There was an awkward moment when Bush greeted the Mexicans by saying, 'Hello future Californians.'" --Conan O'Brien

"Halliburton is moving its headquarters to Dubai to avoid paying taxes in the United States. Isn't that crazy -- when did Halliburton start paying taxes? … Do you know why they're moving? Because some members of Congress have started investigating Halliburton for over-billing and for taking too much of American taxpayers' money for doing too little work. Or, as Congress calls it, 'competition.'" --Jay Leno

Workouts this weekend: Long runs, bike trainer sessions, maybe a Masters swim session tomorrow morning. Strength training session or two. SOS.

No comments: