Friday, February 23, 2007

"I Want To Run Through the Halls of My High School..."

Saw John Mayer at the Qwest Center a few days ago. Awesome awesome awesome concert.

Seemingly, Mayer is best known (and liked) for his radio-friendly “acoustic sensitive” songs – at least if the screeching teeny-bopper banshee noise level was any indication. Less well-known, at least for this listener, is how truly spectacular his guitar playing is, and how hard he and his band rock when they cut loose. The "New Slowhand" indeed.

Best part? JealousTri-Daughters! Tri-Daughter #3 e-mailing from London: “Yeah he's great! ive never heard him live though so im jealous!” Oh yeah, Dad rocks.

Worst part? Across the arena, front row stage right, I saw Ms. Silicone Sister, a.k.a. “I’m an aging beer-chugging hooker-looking obnoxious totally drunk really bad out of control freakout dancing fool.” Why is this noteworthy? Because this particular “aging beer-chugging hooker-looking obnoxious totally drunk really bad out of control freakout dancing fool” sat next to me at the Who concert a few months ago.

Someone sitting behind me that night tapped my on the shoulder and said “…before the night’s over, Ms. Silicone Sister’s either gonna puke on you or molest you.” Of the two options, I was sorta hoping for the beer shower thank you very much. Thank God I escaped with both my dignity and my clothes unsullied.

I felt sorry for Mayer, having to look down and see…that…all evening long. And I feel even sorrier for the guy who had to take her home. Blech. I hope his car cleans up well.

Workout yesterday: a long run with several LONG hill repeats thrown in for, um, laughs.

Workout today: a short run and a 90-minute stretching & strength workout.

No comments: