Friday, January 26, 2007

One Inquiring Mind Wants to Know

A reader e-mailed me...

"Have you prepared your "to do" list for 2007? Did you sky dive last year to overcome (or at least prove that vomit rises when falling) your fear of heights?
Did you rent that villa in Tuscany?
On my list...to remain as curious as ever.
To be continued...."

Now, I usually don't make New Year's resolutions except to renew annually my resolve to never make New Year's resolutions. This year, inexplicably, I finally said "What the hell. It can't hurt, can it?" So far it hasn't hurt and I made a bunch of 'em, even kept most of 'em too. Some I can't share, but a few that I can read as follows:

  • Get in the best shape of my life.
  • Find some ass-kicking Great Plains training and travel partners to keep me from slacking.
  • Top 10 AG finishes at Steelhead and Accenture Chicago.
  • Make some money from this blog. (See "Beach Annuity.")
  • Turn a couple of my ideas into seminar presentations and consulting gigs. (See again "Beach Annuity.")
  • Continue my own, personal Great Books reading program, making up for a wasted and mis-spent youth.
  • Play drums in public again without embarrassing myself.

Onward and upward.

No comments: