Monday, August 29, 2005

"...a place to be inspired."

See my musings, below. As usual someone else has said it better and more concisely. This time it's Fast Company magazine in an article about a museum that "...helps people stretch beyond the familiar..."

The Museum of Jurassic Technology (MJT) is about "following threads of inexhaustible interests," says David Wilson, curator. "It's about exploring how we come to know things rather than displaying what we know...we want to create a place to be inspired."

"Things that don't quite make sense can be our most valuable tools," says Wilson. "You don't wonder about things that you've got down cold."

I love that last line: "You don't wonder about things that you've got down cold." There's pretty much nothing in my life that's "down cold." That's why I find learnings and inspiration wherever I can, including on a race course. In my experience, thinking you've got something down cold means you haven't really looked very deeply into that "something."

No comments: