Saturday, July 02, 2005

Race Report: 2005 Pardeeville (WI) Sprint Triathlon

First the details for this 1/4 mile swim, 15 mile bike and 3.1 mile run event:

  • My time: 1:16:52
  • Overall: 67/276
  • Age Group: 9/21
  • Gender: 61/173
  • Swim: 7:35 (Holy Cow! Who WAS that goggled man???)
  • T1: 2:43 (Damn wetsuit)
  • Bike: 42:18 (21.3 MPH.)
  • T2: 2:02 (Slow. No excuses.)
  • Run: 22:16 (7:10 pace. Gettin' there.)

Everything (except transitions) got better from last week's Optimist race. For the same distance, my swim improved from 10:15 to 7:35, despite getting kicked really good rounding the first buoy and losing my mojo for about 30 seconds. My bike MPH improved from 20.9 to 21.3, and my per-mile run pace decreased from 7:32 to 7:10.

The Pardeeville race is one of my favorite sprint-distance races. It's a fun, local, well-supported race, with a nice swim venue (i.e. lake), a mostly-smooth, rolling bike and a dead flat, fast run. I know, I know, I should not be dinking around with these sprints, not with a half-IM coming up. But, sorry Karyn, I just can't help myself. They're a blast!

I've got one more pre-Steelhead tune-up tri: a late-July Olympic-distance event in Pewaukee, WI. In the meantime Wil and I have a hell of a lot of Steelhead training to do, starting Tuesday.

4 comments:

nancytoby said...

You have to stop using that s-word! Not a thing slow about anything in that performance!! WAY TO GO!!!!

Wil said...

AWESEOME JOB!! Your run rocks, man! OK, let's do this Tuesday!

Keryn said...

Wow! Fantastic job!

mipper said...

WTG! you rocked that swim... actually the whole course. great job! where is our steelhead scout out update?? been waiting all day to see how you and wil did!