Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Secret Superfoods Part III

Lots of comments on so-called "super foods." Mostly along the lines of "blech."

I've written before about my experience in Fitness Boot Camp (October 22, 2004 to be precise. See the archives.) The glowering, linebacker-sized drill instructor was always telling us that improving your body's performance is 80% exercise and 20% diet, while improving your body's appearance is just the reverse: 20% exercise and 80% diet.

I doubt the percentages are exact, and there are as many philosophies of diet for athletes as there are of athletic training, maybe more. And I know that NONE of us is so vain as be in the tri-training game for appearance's sake, but a year in Boot Camp saw his maxim proven true over and over again. And, you can bet that as I head for the big 'five-oh' this summer, I'll take whatever improved appearance I can get!

Now where'd I put the prunes?

UPDATE: Thanks to Wil for pointing out they're "dried plums." How could I forget?

1 comment:

Tracy said...

...you mean dried plums. :)