Wednesday, March 30, 2005

It's Wednesday. What's My Body Telling Me? Go Eat Something!

It is Wednesday, isn't it? I'm entitled to a little confusion about dates, times and situations. The tri-wife and tri-daughter #4 (and 3 tri-daughter friends) headed to the beach today for spring break. But, with a 4:30 A.M. limo pickup, Tri-Daughter #4 decided that staying up all night was a great way to kick things off.

At 1:00 A.M. they were ordering food and saying goodbye to boyfriends. 2:00 A.M. sounded like several loads of laundry... or maybe Cat the Ripper was in the dryer. I dunno. At 3:00 A.M. it was various, miscellaneous teenage girl noises. 4:00 A.M. featured blow dryers and sub-woofers. Sleep finally came as the limo pulled out of the driveway making them all (temporarily) Texas's problem. The entire day was a waste. Or maybe the day was fine and I was wasted. Nah. The day, definitely.

One key to successful training is listening to your body. Mine was telling me it needed fried calamari...fresh bread...olive oil...a big green salad...minestrone soup...ravioli formaggio...3 scoops of gelato (chocolate, vanilla, cinnamon)...espresso (a double)...the works. Thus, since I hate cooking for myself and Cat the Ripper hates calamari, I headed for the closest place to offer all the above. A place just down the street where everybody knows my name and just what I want for dinner. Ahhhh.

I've never believed that God gives you a certain number of days on this earth. No, I believe She gives you a certain number of MEALS. So you better not waste ANY of them. I don't, haven't and won't; my salvation is assured. And I'm having a great time along the way.

And, lest you think you've stumbled into a foodie blog by mistake, there was actually some training accomplished today. An hour of relatively easy Zone 1-2, 90+ cadence spinning and about 30 minutes of strength work focusing primarily on upper body and core muscles. I was too lazy to get to the gym so hand weights, resistance bands and some high school gym class standbys (pushups, crunches, leg lifts and core holds) did the trick. Echoes of Boot Camp.

6 comments:

Tracy said...

OK, I loved this post for three reasons:

1. It was hilarious.

2. I'm Italian and must of course approve of your dinner choice.

3. It was hilarious.

Though how your CAT can hate calamari, is however, a profound mystery.

White Salamander said...

Just found your blog today.

Super good writing!

Nothing like hauling your own body weight around and little gravity for an impromptu workout

Vertical Man said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Vertical Man said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Vertical Man said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Vertical Man said...

Thanks for the comments. OK, now Cat the Ripper says she's OK with calamari but she prefers sushi. Fickle little b****

If you want to know more about me hauling my own weight around, check out my post on Boot Camp training. It's in the archives for October.