Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Wednesday's Triathlon Workout (2/16/05)

Karyn gave me an option today: a day off or 60 minutes on the bike trainer. I took door #2 - 60 minutes of zone 1-2 spinning. First 5 minutes were at 75 RPMs, then 5 more at 85. Next, 20 minutes at 90 RPMs and 20 more minutes at 90+. Finally, 10 minutes at 100+. So much for a day off. I felt pretty bad until about minute 15 when things started to kick in. By minute 60 I was goin'!

My iPod hung right in there with me, shuffling the music of the Cowboy Junkies, Arthur "Big Boy" Crudup, Karyn Allison, Janis Joplin, The J. Geils Band, Lyle Lovett, The Stone Roses and Cassandra Wilson. Not all at the same time of course, though that'd be quite a mix...

Some extremely kind soul asked me today if I'd lost weight. "No, but thanks for asking!" was the appropriate response; I haven't lost any but I have re-distributed a bunch.

Curried lentil soup for dinner. Smells great.

No comments: