Thursday, October 21, 2004

Bike Training at Green Lake, WI

If you're an upper Midwest-area triathlete looking for scenic and challenging bike training opportunities, I heartily recommend Green Lake, WI. Business travels take me to Green Lake's Heidel House each summer. Thankfully I don't play golf, so after the meetings adjourn and the TOFS (Too Old For Sports) go golfing, I have the day (and the roads) all to myself.

Speaking of roads, those around Green Lake are wide, smooth and very lightly travelled. Wisconsin drivers are unfailingly polite; my only close encounter has been with an FIB (ask any local what an FIB is...) driving a giant SUV and towing a land barge-sized trailer. Plan your routes using maps available from the Green Lake Chamber of Commerce and enjoy! The cool, clear waters of Green Lake also offer great open-water swimming if you have the time and/or energy.

I'll see you in Green Lake next summer.

No comments: